“Describes past and present work as it relates to your intended field of study, educational objectives, career plans, and reasons for choosing your field. The statement should be concisely written and not exceed one to two double-spaced pages.”
Two double-spaced pages?!?!!? That’s ridiculous!
Possible beginnings to this essay/personal statement:
- I’m awesome. ‘Nuff said.
- I just, like, really, really, really, wanna make the world a better place!
- I’m deciding to spend the next 6+ years of my life studying and talking about stuff that happened 2000 years ago. Isn’t that enough?
- I woke up one morning and then boom! I wanted to go to grad school.
- God made me do it. Seriously.
- I want to learn ALL THE THINGS!
- My career plans are to one day be ruler of the free world and reform the American political system. I’m thinking grad school might somehow help with that.
- Past and present work? Yeah, my Dad’s a king so I don’t really worry about that.
- I’m going to copy/paste this sentence for the whole 2 pages. I’m going to copy/paste this sentence for the whole 2 pages.
Right now I’m leaning towards option 6. 🙂
Next up: The middle!